Friday, January 25, 2008

love at first latté {dilemma}


I always crave a mid-day latté it's my guilty pleasure, my daily cup of happiness. Afterwards, the days just seems better, I'm ready to tackle dinner, bathtime is a snap, and whatever else may follow. Here's my question - if I make the jump to buy an espresso machine of my very own, would I miss the daily ritual of going to a cafe? Would frothing milk in my kitchen give me the same joy and having the fresh froth handed to me by a smiling 17 year old who knows me by name? It is a dilemma, really, because of the money I spend on these warm treats, and the fact that I could be making them myself. Either way, one of these beauties would look fabulous on my kitchen counter...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

It won't be the same, but if your local cafe is a Starbucks you might prefer the taste of added satisfaction in that you're not giving them your money on a daily basis!

LobotoME said...

who makes those? they are great!

amber {daisy chain} said...

L - these adorable machines are by Francis Francis, I've added the link the post to check them out!

perfect bound said...

Which color would you pick? I may need several around the house. Fear not, you can always count on the 17 year old to pass you a biscotti. (Pink is my pick!)

Unknown said...

i say have your cake (or latte) and eat (or drink) it too. the machine would look quite impressive sitting on your counter plus that added sense of security knowing a latte is just steps away in inclimate weather(or you're feeling under the weather)... and when you're not up to flexing your barista skills, the 17 year old will always be there for you.