Sunday, July 1, 2007

mmm...The Fig Cafe


Our good friend Bryan is the chef & general manager at The Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen. We love this place. The food is fresh and delicious, and not too fancy schmancy, it's kind of the perfect place to eat. The mac 'n cheese (grown-up style) is out of control, and Dave loves the steak with blue cheese butter. Last night I almost got the scallops over corn risotto(next time!), but I don't usually stray from my usual. Arrive early, there's always a line out the door and they don't take reservations. For out-of-towners, it's a perfect excuse to spend a day in the wine country. Check out their great reviews. One more thing - no corkage fees, so bring your own vino!

1 comment:

Liz Snowden said...

Thanks for the tip! We will be in the Napa/Sonoma area in August. I am putting this in my file!